As we know Information Systems are useful resources to all businesses. One of the most important aspects of IS in business is that it can aid managers and leaders in making decisions.
- Intelligence – gathering information, identifying and understanding the problem the firm is facing
- Generate alternative solutions
- Evaluate and choose among the alternative solutions
- Implement and monitor the chosen solution
There are 3 different types of decision which are:
- Structured Decisions
- Unstructured Decisions
- Semi-Structured Decisions
Thus IS is needed to help Senior Managers , Middle Managers, Operational Managers and employees in their day to day activities. There are many types of IS which can help these sectors make decisions the main one is the Decision Support System (DSS). Dan Power defines it as “ an interactive computer-based system or subsystem intended to help decision makers use communications technologies, data, documents, knowledge and/or models to identify and solve problems, complete decision process tasks, and make decisions”.