Today I am going to outline the disadvantages of the Spiral Model. For last weeks blog I outlined the advantages so I hope some of you got a chance to read through that. Feel free to comment on that post or this post. Feedback is always welcomed.
Disadvantages of Spiral Model:
1) Costs are usually high when using this method.
2) It can be seen as a complicated approach especially for projects with a clear SRS (Software Requirements Specification).
3) To evaluate and review project, expert skills are required.
4) It is tough to follow protocols and rules properly throughout the duration of this model. However, it is required to effectively implement the Spiral Model.
5) It is not suitable for low risk projects.
6) Meeting budgetary and scheduling requirements is tough if this development process is followed.
7) Amount of documentation expected in intermediate stages makes managing the project more difficult.