Advantages and Disadvantages of Flowchart
Advantages Of Using FLOWCHARTS:
• Communication: Flowcharts are better way of communicating the logic of a system to all concerned or involved.
• Effective analysis: With the help of flowchart, problem can be analysed in more effective way therefore reducing cost and wastage of time.
• Proper documentation: Program flowcharts serve as a good program documentation, which is needed for various purposes, making things more efficient.
• Efficient Coding: The flowcharts act as a guide or blueprint during the systems analysis and program development phase.
• Proper Debugging: The flowchart helps in debugging process.
• Efficient Program Maintenance: The maintenance of operating program becomes easy with the help of flowchart. It helps the programmer to put efforts more efficiently on that part
Disadvantages Of Using FLOWCHARTS:
• Complex logic: Sometimes, the program logic is quite complicated. In that case, flowchart becomes complex and clumsy. This will become a pain for the user, resulting in a waste of time and money trying to correct the problem
• Alterations and Modifications: If alterations are required the flowchart may require re-drawing completely. This will usually waste valuable time.
• Reproduction: As the flowchart symbols cannot be typed, reproduction of flowchart becomes a problem.