What is the objective of any organization? Is it profit, productivity, customer service etc? Regardless of which objective is priority, every single organization needs to make decisions on how to satisfy their customers. Customers will enable the organization is survive and it is after they have customers, that an organization can pursue their objective.
[Note] For simplicity sake, I will mainly be concentrating on customer service focused organizations throughout my blog.
But now we need to understand how an organization satisfies customers. Customer Relationship Management, (CRM), is a software that manages a company’s interactions with current and future customers, and secondly for winning back previous customers. It is a strategy that aims to reduce costs and improve profitability by congealing customer satisfaction, loyal and support. CRM brings together all customer data, and provides a holistic view in real time. It greatly improves manager and employees in area such as sales, customer support, marketing, service and more, to make efficient informed decisions on all decisions regarding customer needs and wants.
Three benefits of CRM
- CRM informs decision makers on many aspects of the business including sales, marketing, service, support, operations, processes etc.
- Usability is clear and information extraction is easy
- Customer information is secure and confidential
However, CRM also has it challenges. For it to be genuinely effective, business processes must be engineered to fit the software system. A team of carefully selected executives must choose the right technology to automate what it is that needs to be automated. They must decided what customer information is necessary and what is not.
But for the most part CRM are excellent for orgainizations for many reasons
- They locate all customer information into one location and express information in one medium.
- Individuals in the firm can access the information with ease. Decision making is made extremely easy.
- Again all information is in one place and comparisons can be made. CRM also enables the company to upgrade their systems and therefore enable growth without having to spend a lot of valuable time keeping customer information up to date.
- And finally it improves the overall customer service. All information is stored and is used to improve goods and services to how the customers want them. Everyone is happy.
There are many different types of CRM software available for businesses. Listed below are the top ten;
- Sugar CRM – www.sugarcrm.com
- Oracle’s Siebel CRM
- SAP CRM software www.sap.com
- Infor CRM Epiphany www.infor.com
- Amdocs CRM software www.amdoc.com
- Salesforce.com www.saleforce.com
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM www.ergogroup.ie
- Splendid CRM www.splendidcrm.com
- CiviCRM www.civicrm.org
- Source TAP www.sourcetap.com
For more information on any of these CRM, you should visit their website which will provide more specific information on them.