Hello everyone. This is my fourth post so far. In this post I will discuss the reasons for using Flowcharts. My group members and I have blogged about many topics regarding Flowcharts. But we are yet to state the real reasons to use Flowchart. A Flowcharts main function is to provide a visual display. Flowcharts can show what words cannot.
Here are the five best reasons to use Flowcharts
- The first reason to use Flowcharts is for business process documentation and process training materials. Large businesses use Flowcharts but small businesses can also benefit greatly from flowcharting their processes. This helps them become successful. Training materials are nearly always visual and this can help businesses get the safety message across.
- The second reason is work flow management and work improvement. An “As Is Flowchart” helps analyse business waste and inefficiency. Once you identify these you can then construct flowcharts to show how to be more efficient.
- The third reason is for business programming. Flowcharts are used in Quality Management through programming. It is almost out of date due to new various modelling tools. It is still used however because a user can work his way through a program himself.
- The fourth reason is troubleshooting. Usually in the form of decision trees these flowcharts are a step by step guide in solving a problem.These also include basic solutions. A troubleshooting flowchart can save a lot of time when a business is solving a problem.
- The fifth and final reason is a business for quality purposes may be required to use Flowcharts. They can be used in quality management systems such as Iso9000. Flowcharts are very useful in this sense.
Thank you all for tuning into my Blog again. I Hope you all learned how useful Flowcharts can be and why Businesses use them on such a continuous basis. I’m sure my fellow group members will follow up on anything I left out. I also found very useful information on this website regarding Flowcharts
See you all next week🙂