The Spiral model as explained in one of my previous blogs is a type of traditional method of software development. The information system is created in iterations called spirals (hence the name). In this blog i’m going to discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of the spiral model.
Advantages of the Spiral Model.
- Risks are identified early on in the project.
- Rapid prototyping shows progress and gives users an idea of the system.
- Feedback can be obtained early from these prototypes.
Disadvantages of the Spiral Model
- Time is wasted on making too many prototypes.
- Risk analysis is too time consuming for small projects.
- It’s complex.
- It can be hard to set milestones.
- It can be never ending if hurdles are not overcome.