The waterfall model as previously discussed is the simplest of process models. This makes it very popular as one phase must be completed before the next can begin.System checks are carried out at the end of each phase to ensure the project is on track. There are 5 phases in the Waterfall Model.
Advantages of the Waterfall Model.
- Easy to use and understand.
- Easy to follow. Each phase has goals that must be reached before the you can move onto the ne.
- Works well for smaller projects as less planning is needed.
- Phases are completed one at a time.
Disadvantages of the Waterfall Model.
- Cannot change features of other phases once they are completed.
- Working software isn’t created till the final phases.
- Little risk analysis involved.
- Not suitable for high requirements and risk projects.