In this blog I will break down Data Flow Diagrams to try and gain a better understanding of how the system works.
- DFD’s deals with problems by allowing more detailed assessments of the high level processes.
- This is achieved by breaking up each process into as many sub-processes as believed to be necessary.
- Any process on a DFD may be broken down into several sub-processes which, when observed collectively, make up that process
- The decomposition of a DFD into lower level DFDs is known as levelling
- The DFD that shows the entire system is known as the top level.
- The DFDs that contain more in thorough views of the level 1 process make up level 2 DFDs
- Any level 2 process that is further decomposed gives rise to a level 3 DFD and it continues.