This video will tell you everything you need to know about the tradtional software model called Rational Unified Process (RUP)!
Aquired by IBM in 2003
Although traditional, this system is very modern in a way as it is all about a team working together while utilising and sharing common information
This model allows for continous adjustment unlike most other traditional methods
The five phases of the model are:
- Inception phase – All about the basic planning and weather the system is viable?
- Elaboration phase – This is where the system begins to show some shape and how it will develop
- Construction phase – Just like the title of the phase, this is where the actual construction (coding) takes place
- Transistion phase – This is where the user’s get a feel for the model
- Production phase – Ongoing changes and improvements