1) Operational Excellence – businesses can constantly improve their efficiency of their operations in order to achieve higher profitability. They can do this by constantly having the correct amount of stock in store so consumers can always get want they want.
2) New product services and business models – I.S systems play a major role for businesses in creating new products and services. New business models can be created and these can describe how a company produce, create and sell there products.
3) Customer and Supplier intimacy – the better services a company provides its consumers with more likely they are too come back to them and as result the more they will buy off the supplier therefore creating a good relationship with both parties.
4) Improved decision making – I.S systems make it possibly for managers to use real time data when making a decision to therefore make better decisions and not have to waste time looking for information.
5) Competitive advantage – if companies achieve any of these 6 reasons to use I.S they will generally create a competitive advantage over their rivals.
6) Day to Day survival – business invest in these systems to make their jobs as easy as possibly. an example is Citibank introduced the first ATM machine to make it easier for customers to access their money and to cut down queues in their banks.